Quick relay of my Pomegranate syrup. Callums not so keen on the seeds of this beautiful fruit and i completely get this, they can be a bit off- putting. Smush up the fruit whole before you cut it in half to remove the seeds (it makes de- seeding a lot easier). I added a touch of Balsamic Vinegar namely because i love the stuff and think it goes so well with tart, sweet flavours.
- 1 1/2 Pomegranate seeds and juice
- 1/2 tea mug of raw cane Sugar
- juice of 1 Lemon
- tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- Pop everything into a small pan and cook on a medium/ low heat for about 15 minutes, until the juice has reduced by a third
- Sieve into a clean jar, squishing the seeds with the back of a spoon to get all the excess liquid
- Keeps in the fridge for about a fortnight