As much as i try to ignore the fact, i am ill. Not ill in the bed- bound sense, more in the feeling sorry for myself, potentially crying walking down the street kind of sense. So i’ll keep it brief but i would like to pass on some good weapons to have in the fight against random, unknown infections. One, i lovingly refer to as Sunshine Tea (in that it has both the colour and the ability to make you feel like you’ve just ingested pure sunlight) and secondly, the Super Green Nutrient Machine, which packs a hefty punch of minerals and vitamins. So i’m hoping after a few more days of imbibing Becci’s Marvellous Medicines that i’ll be feeling A- okay and ready to take on the world again. (But should you see a weepy looking red head on your strolls just give her a wee smile would you.)
Full of natural astringents, anti- fungal, anti- viral, immune boosting goodness. The chilli speeds up your metabolism insuring that these other guys get right to work, also the combination of heat, chilli and lemon will help lift any stubborn mucus (beautiful thought right).
(Serves 1, Vegan, Gluten- Free)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- a good pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- the juice one 1 large Lemon
- a thumb of Fresh Ginger
- (optional teaspoon of Agave if you need the sweetness)
- In a small pan, slowly heat up your water
- Add the spices, lemon juice and ginger and let it all simmer very gently for about 5 minutes
- Pour into a glass jug and add your agave
- Breathe in the vapours and marvel at its beautiful shade of yellow…
(Seriously though, as soon as i brought this to the bedroom a freak ray of light came burning through the window. Coincidence? I think not)
Super Green Nutrient Machine:
Full of raw goodness, also it being a smoothie means that the pulp will make its sweet way down your digestive track, clearing any nasties along the way with it. Who doesn’t like a Spring clean?
(Serves 2, Vegan, Gluten- Free)
- 1 Cup of Raw Almond Milk
- 6 Dates
- 1/2 Green Apple
- 1/2 Pear
- 2 handfuls of Berries (I used Black Grapes, Blueberries and Raspberries)
- 2 large handfuls of both Spinach and Curly Kale
- 1 tablespoon of Seeds (Flax, Sesame, Pumpkin, Sunflower)
- 1 tablespoon of Hemp Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Maca Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Goji Berries
- Whack everything in a blender/ smoothie contraption and blitz for about 3 minutes
- Sprinkle Bee Pollen on top (if you like, i do).
So there you go, try these bad boys out and see if they help. I really hope they do and if you have any magical cures please let me know in the comments below. And if all else fails- here is a picture of some balloons i took this morning.