This pate came about as a total accident- i was attempting to make Tahini (with not nearly enough Sesame seeds or oil). I also needed to use up some Almond butter and once i realised my tahini was not to be, well then i did what every good (/angry) chef does- chucked in everything to hand that i knew tasted incredible, and prayed for the best.
So thats how i got to Thai seasoned pate. You could probably use most nut butters in place of almond (peanut would obviously work real well) and you could tweak the flavours to suit your palate.
(Makes a jars worth, Vegan, Gluten- free)
- 50g un-hulled Sesame Seeds
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame Oil
- 4 tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1/5 bunch fresh Coriander
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- zest and juice of both 1 Lemon and 1 Lime
- 1/2 Red Chilli
- scant pinch of Sea Salt
- Blend the sesame and oil for a few minutes
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth (you’ll probably need to scrap the sides of your blender down a few times)