To celebrate our 100th blog post i present you with these beauties- RAW Sprouted Quinoa & Coconut Truffles. Nothing major, just tiny bundles of raw goodness. Thrown together in 10 minutes, packed with heavenly nutrients, extremely addictive…
Sprouting grains/ seeds increases their nutritional profile by 30%. It also begin to break down the enzymes thus making the increased goodness more readily available for your body to digest. Simply soak, rinse, soak for a few days until wee tails start to show and hey presto! You’re good to go!
I’m kind of obsessed with the salty/ sweet combination so i went with a good pinch of salt in these, but go with your own preference- you could totally skip on the salt and the truffles would still be delicious. And if your not so keen on nuts, simply swap them for more seeds.
(Makes 8, RAW, Vegan, Gluten- free)
- 1/3 cup of Raisins
- 1 tablespoon of Hemp Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Flax Seeds
- 30g Nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt/ Pink Salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Sprouted Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened, shredded Coconut + 2 tablespoons for coating
- Throw everything in a blender/ processor and blitz until the mixture starts to ball together
- Use a soup spoon to scoop one spoonful of mixture for each portion
- Sprinkle the extra coconut on a chopping board/ surface
- Gently roll the mixture into firm balls before rolling in the coconut