Recently i’ve been starting each day with a superfood green smoothie. Think all kinds of fruits, seeds, leafy greens, probiotic plant based yoghurt, nut milks, superfoods. I mix up the components each day but its a sure fire way of ensuring you take on the world with a body full of raw nutrients.
Except Wednesday. Wednesday it was cold and wet and completely demoralising to look out the window. I needed some warmth, some wholesome fuel that would heat me and motivate me to get out of bed and into my yoga. A quick poke around the kitchen revealed some sprouted quinoa and coconut milk. They were giving me the eye. You know, that look which says, “hey you, yes you! You know you want to eat us, you know your body will thank you”. Being the polite gal that i am, i happily obliged. The results, ten minutes later, were an incredibly satiating porridge of sorts. Rammed full of super foods, warm and beautifully scented. The kind of smell that wafts effortlessly around your senses as if carried by some unseen breeze.
You could make this the night before and thus keep it raw, but if you need a warming culinary cuddle on a cold April morning- gently heat on the stove and all of your senses will thank you.
(Serves 1, Vegan, Gluten- Free)
- 2 tablespoons Sprouted Quinoa
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Maca Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/3 Apple, diced
- 4 Strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Goji Berries (or as little/ many as you’d prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of Bee Pollen
- Mix the quinoa, coconut milk and cinnamon in a small pan and heat gently for 10 minutes until thickened
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl
- Stir in the maca, fruit and goji berries, sprinkle the bee pollen on top
- Eat, enjoy, do a little happy dance.