I finally acquired a bulk bag of Almonds at a reasonable price. How did i celebrate? Well, i made Almond butter. Then i took the celebration one step further and made these kick- asse super food nut butter cups.
As with all our desserts, these little wonders are power houses of nutrition and taste. Now for the Bee Pollen… Bee pollen contains thousands of enzymes and co-enzymes which are necessary for true vitality. Bee pollen also contains 22 amino acids, including the eight essential ones. It is, in essence, a complete protein. You’ll also find dozens of vitamins and minerals in bee pollen, as well as natural hormones and important fatty acids*.
The nut component of these little cups lends them to be useful to healing the Sacral Chakra. So, if your having difficulty accepting change, or are looking for something to boost your sensual/ pleasure receptors- this is the raw dessert for you.
(Makes 1/2 a jar)
- 1 1/2 cups of raw Almonds
- Heat your oven to 180c, lay the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes until browned
- Allow to cool then transfer to a blender, blitz for 5- 10 minutes until the oils are released and a butter emerges
- Keeps in a clean jar for 1 week
- To make raw nut butter, soak your almonds overnight instead of roasting.
Superfood Nut Butter Cups:
(Makes 6, Gluten- free, raw if you use raw nut butter, Vegan is you omit the bee pollen)
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Gluten free Oats
- 1 tablespoon of Bee Pollen
- 1 tablespoon of Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil, melted gently
- 1 tablespoon of Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon of Flax Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of Maca Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- Blend all the ingredients until they resemble fine bread crumbs
- Reserve 1/4 of this mix and transfer the rest to a bowl
- Scoop 2 soup spoons worth of mix for each cup
- Roll the mix into balls in your hands, then press each ball firmly into a 6 cup cupcake tin- creating the base of the cup
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of almond butter into each cup
- Sprinkle the remaining mix on top of each cup and refrigerate for at least one hour before transferring to a plate
- These will keep in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few weeks (they actually taste great eaten straight from the freezer- patience? ha!)