Is literally how i feel after just sampling my new smoothie creation. To be very honest the first attempt was pretty disgusting. Not the purple dream i’d envisioned. But in the true spirit of Leith, I persevered and oh boy is this the best way to start your day. I feel positive, motivated, invigorated and powerful.
Get this in your diet.
(Make 4 large glasses, Gluten free, Raw, Vegan- if you omit the Bee Pollen)
Theres a lot going in here, so you can easily adjust to suit your fridge/ pantry. I would advise keeping the beetroot, carrot, cabbage, spinach base though and working from there.
- stalks and leaves of 2 raw Beetroot, washed and chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 leaf of Red Cabbage
- 2 yellow courgettes (the left over bits from juillienning)
- 1 1/2 Apples, chopped
- 2 handfuls of Spinach, washed
- 1 2inch slice of fresh Pineapple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of frozen Red Berries
- tablespoon of Goji Berries
- 2 dried Figs
- 1 handful of pitted Dates
- 1 teaspoon of Maca
- 1 teaspoon of Chorella
- 4 cups of Water
- Put the beetroot, carrot and cabbage in a few cups of water to soak overnight, then transfer this to a blender/ smoothie machine
- Add the remaining ingredients plus 2 additional cups of water and blend until smooth
- You can can more water at this stage if its still too thick for your liking
- Serve with a sprinkle of Bee Pollen (optional)
This smoothie will absolutely set you up for the day. I take a bottle with me for post- gym fuel and it sees me right until dinner time. Full of nutrients, minerals, vitamins, fibre- everything good!