Yes, yes, yes. It’s definitely warm enough to jump gleefully onto the ice cream band wagon. And what a flavour to begin with. Potent cacao lending a serious back bone to the sweet, silky banana. The creamy coconut is subtle- it whispers gently amidst bites. The nutty maple and sharp agave dance the tango on the taste buds. All in all, this is the perfect choreograph of flavours.
And its relatively good for you. What what what? Yup, thats right- good fats for your beautiful bodies and only minimal, natural sugars.
On top of that, its such an easy recipe. Just blend, stir, freeze, wait. A voila!
(Makes 1 small tub, Vegan, Gluten free)
- 1 can rich Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp raw Cacao Powder
- 2 frozen Bananas
- 3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- Pop your can of coconut milk in the freezer, remove the bananas and allow to defrost for an hour
- Remove the can from the freezer and carefully turn upside down, open the can and drain the watery liquid, leaving the rich cream (use the water in smoothies etc)
- Spoon the cream into a blender and add all the other ingredients
- Blitz until smooth, thick and creamy
- Transfer to a container- you can either enjoy this as soft scoop, or freeze for at 3 hours
- Allow to defrost for 30 minutes before attempting to serve