Bom dia lovely folk.
Well i’m back from Portugal and thoroughly renewed by my experiences. Talk about Green & Leithy heaven- Aloe Vera plants the size of a car, abundant Lemon trees, fresh produce absolutely everywhere. I considered sharing some photos with ya’ll here but thought it best just to give you the link to my tumblr: http://theautumnalmanac.tumblr.com
Progress is good for the new and incredible website- a change of name, a change of style. All very exciting but sadly means i’ll be post less frequently until everything is ready to rock!
I guess the main thing i learnt from my culinary experiences in Portugal was pretty obvious but wildly important none the less- keep. it. simple. So without further ado, i present these wonderfully low- key breakfast delights. Utilising the finest of our home grown herbs. You can tweak these to suit your herby taste but i recommend included a large leafed herb (e.g., Basil, Lovage) in order to suitably wrap you tiny bundle of garlic joy!
(Serves 2, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 large “beef” Tomatoes
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 large handfuls of fresh Herbs (we used Sage, Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano)
- 1 teaspoon of crushed Black Peppercorns
- scant pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Heat your oven to 180c
- Use an apple corer to remove 2/3 of the centre of each tomato (make sure you leave the bottom intact)
- Tear all the herbs, save the sage, and stuff into the tomatoes
- Wrap the garlic in the sage leaves (4 leaves per portion) and stuff these bundles into the tomatoes
- Drizzle the oil into the holes and sprinkle the salt and pepper on top
- Bake for 20 minutes