Hows about creating the most addictive, flavoursome, healthy chocolate in the same amount of time it would take you nip to the shops and buy some? Tempting right?
As i’ve mentioned before, Cacao boasts vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, E. As well as minerals: calcium, zinc, iron, copper, potassium, and manganese. So making this chocolate (and eating it, all in one go, at 11pm) is totally justified. Did i mention it tastes like pure joy and you made it yourself (well done you! give yourself a nice big hug).
In case you need more persuasion- hemp hearts are a powerhouse of protein, cardamon has heaps of iron and lavender (as you all know) is soothing and relaxing. Getting the picture here people? Make cacao bark, eat cacao bark, take on the world!
Now, if you follow Green & Leithy regularly you’ll notice i’ve developed a slight crush on the cardamon/ lavender combo. This is just my personal (not going to get tired of it for a while) preference. You my dears can flavour your bark with anything your hearts and bellies desire.
(Make 1 bark, RAW, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 40g Cacao Butter
- 20g Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamon Seeds (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Lavender
- scant pinch of Sea Salt
- Cut a large piece of baking parchment, set to one side
- In a double boiler (glass bowl over a pan of simmering water) melt the cacao butter until just liquid
- Carefully remove the bowl from the heat, stir in the cacao powder and cardamon, mix well
- Leave for no more than 5 minutes (it will set quick)
- Pour over the parchment and level off with a spatula
- Sprinkle the lavender and sea salt on top
- Leave to set for a few hours (i left ours overnight)
- Once set, break into pieces, store wrapped in parchment, in the fridge