banana, face mask, gluten- free, glutenfreevegan, healthy, holistic, homemade, homemade natural face mask, natural, oats, raw, rawvegan, rose petals, rose water, self love, skincare, vegan, vegetarian
Our precious skin naturally takes a beating this time of year, be it the harsh, icy winds or the central heating thats no doubt keeping you all warm as the temperatures continue to drop. Wouldn’t it be nice to say a big thank you that wonderful layer that works so hard on your behalf? And don’t you deserve a little pampering? You do, no question.
An holistic approach to healthy living is underpinned by the notion that what we put on our bodies is just as important as what we put in. I treat my skin with the same love and care as my stomach. Sadly, there seems to be a markedly higher price tag on natural skin care as opposed to the (terrifyingly full of chemicals) cheaper options on the market.
Fear not- everything you need is easily available and more than likely, is already in your kitchen (or garden, if you’re lucky enough to have one). Plus, you don’t need a chemistry degree or even heaps of time to whip up a whole plethora of amazingly good for you lotions, potions and tonics.
Today i would love to share a super simple face mask we enjoyed over the weekend. And the results were so incredibly good that we were still stroking our faces hours later, delighting in our soft, plump and fresh skin.
Only four ingredients and even then, if you don’t have access to rose petals/ water then straight up oats and banana would also work wonders. This mask leaves your skin so incredibly soft, silky, light and rejuvenated. Honestly, if you engage in one act of self love this next week- make it this.
Prepare, apply, lie back and inhale the glorious aromas, wash and enjoy the softest of angel skin.
(Makes 1 small jar, about 8-10 applications. You can make this in advance but omit the banana until you’re ready to apply)
- 1/2 cup Oats
- petals from 2 small Rose buds
- 2 tbsp Rose Water
- 1/4 Banana (for 2 applications)
- Grind the oats and rose petals into a fairly fine flour, transfer to a bowl
- Stir in the rose water and mix well (the mixture will be quite clumpy at this stage)
- Store the mixture in a clean jar if not using immediately
- When ready to use, combine 2-3 tbsp of the mixture with the banana and mash well until everything is combined
- Apply a thick, even layer to clean skin and leave on for 10 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and pat your skin dry