clean eating, coconut milk, compassionate, delicious, depression, garlic, gluten free vegan, gluten- free, healing, healthy, holistic, nourishing, nutritious, pumpkin, roasted, scotch bonnet, soup, squash, turmeric, vegan, vegetarian
Sometimes, life is hard,
Sometimes, the days are dark,
Sometimes, it feels as though the world is spinning right on past us,
And what are we to do?
How do we get through these times?
What pulls us forward?
One very simple thought-
“This too shall pass”
Know that each hour is a new one,
Each day is a fresh start,
Every second we are passing through-
We are heading in the right direction.
The universe has your back,
Even when you don’t,
Even when you hate your back,
Even when you can do nothing but listen to the ticking of that clock.
The universe has your back.
There are forces you cannot see,
They’re working real damn hard
Even when you can’t get out of bed,
They are there for you,
They’re fighting your corner.
Sometimes, life is hard.
Sometimes, the days are dark.
But time moves on,
And so do you.
And if you can, get up.
If you can, go outside.
If you can, make this Sunshine soup.
Because, if nothing else,
And so are you,
And don’t you ever go forgetting that.
- ½ large Butternut Squash/ Pumpkin, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 Red Onions, thickly sliced
- 1 head Garlic,
- 1 yellow Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- 1 tin Coconut Milk
- 1 litre vegetable Stock (more or less)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Chickpeas, cooked (optional)
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Heat your oven to 200c, pop the oil in a large roasting pan and put into the oven until the oil is melted
- Skin the garlic and keeping it whole, chop the very top off, pull the stem off the chilli and pop both in a foil parcel with a drop of oil and a sprinkle of salt
- Place the squash and onions in the pan, coat with the oil and sprinkle with salt
- Pop the foil parcel in the middle of the pan and roast everything for 40 minutes, turning the veg occasionally
- Once the 40 minutes is up, carefully open the parcel and allow to cool (20/30 mins), squeeze the garlic out of their skins and then chuck everything (except the chickpeas if using)in a large pot on the hob
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adjusting the water until its your desired consistency
- Finally add the chickpeas